Food trends come and go and can be pretty difficult to keep track of. The team here at the IFIC Foundation works hard to give you the low-down on what these new, trendy foods can offer. But now we would like to know: What is your favorite food trend?
3/29 UPDATE: The Final Four is upon us! Vote again to choose who will compete in the championship round!
Vote for your favorite food trends below!
Want to read about some of these food trends? Check out the links below!
- Poké in all forms (bowls, burritos, etc.)
- Products made from byproducts, such as aquafaba
- Turmeric, an ancient, orange, dried root
- Ugly fruits and vegetables to reduce food waste
- Vegetables taking center stage (over meat) on the plate
- Goat, buffalo (yes … buffalo) and other exotic yogurts provide variety
- Coffee as an ingredient in more than just your morning
- Quick, easy and nutritious recipe videos
- Exotic fruit selections, such as jackfruit
- The addition of charcoal in your drinks
- The continued rise of functional foods (foods with health benefits beyond basic nutrition)
- Sorell, the “new kale and spinach”
- Spirulina, a nutritionally dense blue-green algae
- The tiny but mighty chia seed
- Alternative protein sources (bugs galore!)
- Fermented foods for adventurous flavors and beneficial bacteria